Getting Sober for Good!

Someone asked us if we recommend an “inpatient alcoholism treatment program” or an outpatient treatment program. I had to let her know, “neither”.

Our ministry does not believe in humanistic treatment healing centers. GOD is BIGGER than LIFE itself, so then how much more can HE rid our bodies of sickness?! We are a living testimony of the GREATNESS of our SAVIOR!

God CREATED the HEAVENS and the EARTH!
HE is the (our) ALPHA and OMEGA!
Without God we are NOTHING!

Then I went on to explain the disgusting and wretched mess I was in when I was still drinking. It was the only time in my life where I contemplated whether or not life was worth living—this is how bad off I was. I hated myself! The only reason “why” I was not a skid row bum or dead is because I had a few alcoholic friends that kept me off the streets.

Today, that woman is dead! Today, and for the last 19 years that woman is no longer with us…the new and improved Angie stands before you today because of the love of Jesus Christ. That’s it…nothing else keeps me alive but God, my Father who is with me right this minute and helping me to write this marriage column. (It is difficult bringing up my past, but God has shown me that it is what helps and encourages others the best—testimony).

Grace is a gift that needs to be accepted by us; another chance to turn our lives around and become a child of God rather than of the world. God rescued me from the depths of alcoholic hell!! That is what grace is. Grace teaches us that there is a whole different attitude and perspective about how we view the world around us and how we live our lives. When we are living in grace we see things differently in that we KNOW and REALIZE that nothing man has created can save us or heal our soul and make us whole people!! If our FAITH is still with man than we have not accepted the gift of grace yet!

Grace does not mean we can remain in our sins and we’re saved. God’s grace means today we can faithfully and sincerely get down on our knees and ask Him to take away our sicknesses and be with Him now!! It takes humbleness not words. It takes sincerity not lip serving. God does not care about ANYTHING we have to say, except for “HEAL ME!” and “I AM READY to FOLLOW YOU”! And if you say those words, you’d better be ready to just do it!!

There is no waiting to be with God…God wants us to come to Him now and HE WILL TAKE AWAY ALL SICKNESS and Disease WE ARE CARRYING AROUND WITH US, whatever it is. God lives in us and keeps us whole and alive as long as we continue to faithfully follow Him and the Path He has set out for us according to His Holy Word and Loving Presence within us! This is GRACE!
I then explained to the woman that there is no alcoholic treatment center or psychologist IN THIS WORLD that can actually HEAL a person’s soul—this is God’s job!

Send this to your loved one today!

How You Can Get Sober and Stay Sober For Good

Have you ever tried to quit drinking only to go back to it again and again? When you get sober are you getting sober for you or for someone else? It is my firm belief that the alcoholic must “want” to stop drinking and get their life back together for themselves BEFORE true sobriety will ever happen. When we are not convicted in our heart and mind to give up the addiction for ourselves we will have a difficult time staying sober.

Let me tell you a little bit about my situation when I first quit drinking and then you can decide for yourself. When I first got sober, about 16-years ago, I did it for my husband. I thought I wanted to quit so I could save my marriage, but I realized later, when reality hit, that I really didn’t want to quit drinking, but only wanted to appease husband and extended family.

I went into a rehab facility for 3-days and then went to a few Alcoholics Anonymous meetings, but because I was not getting sober for myself, sobriety only lasted a few weeks. I kept telling myself “reasons” why I could drink. Some of these reasons were really ridiculous but my mind was coming from an alcoholic perspective. The mind of an alcoholic does not “see” nor “understand” the depth of reality around them.

If the alcoholic is still in denial that they have a drinking problem, or if they are not ready to quit, or if they try and quit for someone else rather than for themselves, they will NOT be able to stay sober for any amount of time. If the alcoholic really wants to quit, they will through the power of God in their life. Only our Creator can save us from ourselves and free us from the wretchedness of this world.

I give thanks to God every day for giving me my life back! And I continually praise Him for making me whole in Jesus Christ! We can go to rehab, AA, counseling and our family can plead and beg for us to quit and threaten to leave us, but unless we’re convicted in our heart to quit because “we” want to quit it just won’t happen.

WE ARE POWERLESS WITHOUT JESUS CHRIST!
Ah, yes, there are sober alcoholics walking around in society, but are they truly happy with their life? Are they truly free from the symptoms of an addictive mind?

God created us and He continues to breathe life into us, but some of us, especially those who are trapped within addiction are blowing God’s breath of life right back out—they have not yet accepted Christ—they are in bondage to addiction. The truth is we can walk this journey in life, stumbling around in the dark, hitting ourselves over the head in the process, or we can give up what is holding us back from God’s love for us.

We can humble our proud ways, and our wretched lives to Christ and begin to be the person that God intended for us to be—the person God intended for us to become in Him!!
I’m a living, breathing testimony of God breathing life into me…if I didn’t have life I wouldn’t be able to give you this encouragement today. But God gave me back my life and He wants me to let you know there is a better way—His way!

Don’t waste another minute of your day, covering up your pain, your troubles, your past and your grief with alcohol. Give those things to Jesus and He will take care of your needs. But you have to trust Him. God knows your pain—He is knocking at your door, but you have to answer the door and invite Him in. No more lip-serving. Invite Him in and FOLLOW the Path WHERE HE WANTS TO TAKE YOU.

God will give you peace and contentment…He says He will and I trust everything God says as true! Put your trust and faith in Him…today! God is amazingly Awesome!

And he went throughout all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction among the people. Mathew 4:23

Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. James 5:14-15

He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed. Peter 2:24

In Jesus Christ,
Frank and Angie
Book Resources
The Alcoholism Trap – Encouragement for the alcoholic and loved One of an Alcoholic
Journey on the Roads Less Traveled – Angie’s personal testimony of accepting Jesus Christ and Getting Sober for Good!!

4 comments:

Debrinconcita said...

IF you can't stop by yourself there are Christian Treatment homes in the VICTORY Outreach CHurchs all over the world. We have homes to help anyone who wants God's help with their lives that have lost faith in life that our Father God has blessed us with. I am living proof that it's sucessful. PRAISE our GOD for his love can do miracles.

Intervention services said...

Alcohol is very dangerous to the health and it is very sever to the health and it cause diseases to the body.Florida Intervention Services

Anum petrov said...

It's true that you can never quit alcohol, till you make Determination to yourself. Alcohol is absorbed into the blood through small blood vessels that are found in the walls of the stomach and small intestine. Minutes after ingesting alcohol, it travels from the stomach to the brain, where it quickly produces its effect, slowing down the action of nerve cells.

Addiction treatment center

Dr Hashmi said...

Alcohol dependence is an illness marked by consumption of alcoholic beverages at a level that interferes with physical or mental health, and social, family, or occupational responsibilities. Natural treatment is not only effective for stopping drinking. If you have a drug problem, anything that helps you stop drinking will also help you stop using drugs, because alcohol usually leads to drugs.visit http://www.drug-treatment.in/